Wednesday, April 18, 2007

UPDATE>>>No news is good news.




It seems to me that I'm engaged in a game of chicken with the local D.A. in that I'm hoping he does not want to have a jury trial over two grams of pot, and I belive he would have me plead guilty to avoid the same trial. I'm guessing here. My court day came and went. It was over in ten seconds- literally. When it was over I had a yellow piece of paper, exactly like the one I left court with last time, only with a different date on it. THEORETICALLY, they're going to go ahead with the jury trial, which I don't really see happening. My lawyer pointed out that I could end up oweing some legal fees if I fight this. I told her, "I don't care. It's a bullshit charge. Pardon my language."
She (my lawyer) still plans to file a motion to supress the evidence, but I'm not counting on that. See, this is why we have an ACLU, ya' know? I have to fight. It's just wrong to just knock on someone's door and detain and grill them for, well, however long they took. They had no complaint, they didn't even know who I was. They didn't smell anything. In fact they were there on the property for a specific reason, which had nothing to do with me. It's just plain bullshit, and I have to stand up for myself. I know the judge wouldn't stand for that sort of treatment, and I expect the same courtesy. STAY TUNED...

No comments: